Thursday, July 1, 2010

Joie de vivre

In the summer days, old people in the village sit on a chair at their door and talk with their neighbors. They chat about anything, the weather, their family, the meal being prepared. It is one of the things I like most in Andalusia. People here have an innate sense of communication, they like being in contact. It took me a while to get used to start a conversation, for instance in a queue at the post office. But here it's a common thing to do. And why not ? I had been feeling sad and melancholic yesterday for family reasons and this morning a visit to the fishmonger, a few jokes exchanged with the owner of the plants and hats shop sufficed to boost me with joie de vivre for the day....

I'm already on week end mood and can't wait to go to a new fleamarket taking place in Salobreña, every first saturday of the month.
I doubt I will have the energy to climb on the rock like these young girls...with help of the few grilled sardines, maybe!

Have a wonderful week end !


7 comments:

Gina said...

Dear Lala, Brings back so many memories, women in black sitting and talking, but only in the evening. Older men in grey and black and brown, sitting and talking all day long while their women are working.

High Heeled Life said...

face to face conatct and communication - I think that is what we are missing here in North America. Everyone just seem sto go through the day in a robtic way.
I long for the day when hubby and I are living somewhere, where people still embrace the simple things in life ... we have been considering Argentina... Have a great day my friend..HHL

DolceDreams said...

Lala,
Isn't it amazing what a little simple contact and shared smile can do to brighten your day...
Have a delightful weekend,
Nathalie

Lau de Casalil said...

Coucou Lala, je crois que je ne suis pas arrivée a te laisser de commentaire jusqu'ici.... Merci de ton passage chez moi... et nous descendons au nord de Malaga, dans un petit village Cuchar, au dessus d'Almachar... j'ai hâte de découvrir ces endroits que je sens que je vais adorer... tu es au nord de Grenade toi c'est ça???

Mademoiselle Poirot said...

Bojour Lala, I so know what you mean, a simple smile is all you sometimes need...I hope you're feeling better. Have a beautiful weekend, Love from London x

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Ah, that image looks so peaceful.
A smile is sometimes like a ray of sunshine on a dark, cloudy and rainy winter day. Have a healthy, happy weekend;-)

Relyn said...

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. If anyone knows how to enjoy themselves, you and mon cher do.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin