A cute japanese-andalusian sandwich




 This is what Monchéri presented yesterday for the little citrus culinary competition
here in the Lecrin valley. To those who are familiar with Japanese food, yes,
this is an onigiri. Last Christmas, I was doing a market with a lovely Japanese
ceramist, Saika who lives around here and she practically fed me every day
with onigiris. One day, I took some home with me and Monchéri loved it. So this
is where the idea comes from; Monchéri made an onigiri with an Andalusian touch.
Inside the rice ball, he puts a mixture of gambas and sauté garlic, plus anchovies 
plus little bits of jamon serrano and orange and finally an orange rind. 
And I can tell you, it's very nice ! I simply added the sesame seeds on top and 
the little leaf of parsley for the photo. 

Voici ce qu'a présenté Monchéri hier pour  le petit concours gastronimique
citrique ici dans la vallée de Lecrin. Pour ceux qui connaissent la cuisine
japonaise, oui c'est un onigiri. À Noël dernier, j'avais un marché avec une adorable
céramiste japonaise, Saïka qui habite dans la vallée et elle m'a pratiquement
nourri tous les jours avec des onigiris. J'en ai rapporté à la maison et Monchéri
a adoré. Et voilà d'où vient l'idée; il a créé son onigiri avec la touche andalouse.
À l'intérieur de la boule de riz, il met des gambas avec de l'ail sauté, des anchois, 
des filaments de jamon serrano et des morceaux d'orange et chapeaute le tout 
avec une tranche d'orange. Et je confirme, c'est très bon ! J'ai simplement ajouté
des graines de sésame et une petite feuille de persil pour la photo.


Monchéri also made the orange and almond cake. And me, I made the lemon
tartlets and orange tartlets. And horror.....my whisker just died while I was
doing the meringue so in the end, it was no more lemon meringe tartlets but
just lemon tartlets. Never mind....I must rush because they will announce
the winners in less than 2 hours. I will tell you more later !

Monchéri a aussi présenté le gâteau à l'orange et aux amandes. Et moi,
j'ai fait des tartelettes au citron et à l'orange. Et horreur, mon batteur a expiré
juste au moment où je faisais la meringue, donc au final, c'était des
tartelettes au citron sans meringue...Tant pis....et je dois y aller parce qu'ils
vont annoncer les prix dans un peu moins de 2h. Je vous en dirai plus, plus tard !


Comments

Relyn Lawson said…
I do love the way you live with such an eye toward beauty and sensual pleasure.

Popular Posts