Teixidors my latest crush......


I've just discovered this Spanish company based outside Barcelona
and I'm totally in love....



...because Teixidors makes the most beautiful
hand woven textiles for the home and also shawls and scarves.

....because they only use the finest materials, wool, linen, cashmere
and also venture to combine merino wool and silk or cashmere and linen.

....because this company was first created as a non-profit cooperative
in order to promote self-sufficiency and create jobs for people with learning disabilities.
At present, Teixidors employs 23 disabled persons and 8 support people.

So you see, I just love everything about this company,
its products, its philosophy and the story behind it.

Now, the only thing missing is an online shop soon please,
as Barcelona is bit of a long way for me !



Récemment j'ai eu le coup de foudre pour Teixidors,
une société textile basée près de Barcelone.

J'adore Teixidors parce qu'ils créent de sublimes textiles tissés main
pour la maison mais aussi des châles et des écharpes.

Teixidors n'utilise que des matières nobles, cachemire, lin, laine
et explore aussi de nouvelles associations comme cachemire et lin ou
laine mérinos et soie.

Teixidors a d'abord été créée en tant que coopérative non lucrative
pour promouvoir l'autosuffisance et créer des emplois pour les personnes handicapées.
Actuellement, Teixidors emploie 23 personnes handicapées et 8 personnes d'encadrement.

Bref, tout me plaît dans cette société,
ses produits, sa philosophie et son histoire.

L'unique souci est qu'ils n'ont pas encore de
boutique en ligne, parce que Barcelone c'est quand même loin !





pics from Teixidors site

Comments

Gina said…
Dear Lala, Oh boy! These are beautiful. I would love to have at least one of their cashmere shawls...maybe two.
Why don't you become their representative and sell in your Etsy shop. Approach the company and see if they want to give it a try. You never know. I'll be your first customer.
Gina
Joyful said…
Sounds like a perfect kind of company and the products are beautiful.
What marvelous textiles, I hope this shop flourishes and starts an online catalog! There is surely a market for their lovely products out there in the world.
Unknown said…
lovely - can almost feel them! love the subtle colour too!
vicki archer said…
Beautiful textiles Lala....let's hope they are online sooner rather than later. Have a happy weekend....xv
aguja said…
They are beautiful. I have just returned from Barcelona! I must look them up.
ceecee said…
Wouldn't one of these make a wonderful, welcomed gift? For me...if anybody's listening! Ha!
Thought of you yesterday as I was searching for my Jota shoes. Not that I can do the Jota any longer, but oh, the memories.
Happy weekend,
Catherine
You think Barcelona is far for you? Try getting there from here ;-) That company really needs an Online Shop! Those items are beautiful and - as you said - the philosophy behind it is just as great. xo

Popular Posts