Girly picnic in the Andalusian countryside




Nothing beats a girly picnic in the countryside to recharge the
batteries in september. I came back from the south of France,
super energized but soon fell under a workload of translating jobs
plus some cake orders and well, yes...it's back to school and not
back to cool days.

Here is my French friend Pascale arriving in her super cool 2CV.
Bicolor, convertible....a real toy...(I want one too!)

Il n'y a rien de mieux qu'un pique-nique entre filles à la campagne
pour recharger les batteries en septembre. Je suis revenue du midi,
avec plein de peps, tout ça pour me retrouver sous une pile de
boulots de traduction en plus de commandes de gâteaux et donc, oui...
la rentrée est vraiment là et adieu les vacances.

Voici mon amie Pascale qui arrive dans sa 2CV super cool.
Bicolore, décapotable....un vrai jouet...(moi aussi j'en veux un!)

 My other French friend Josiane brought her two dogs, Pascale, her
three dogs, me I just brought myself

This is one of my favorite promenade near home. 

Mon autre amie Josiane a amené ses chiens, Pascale, ses trois chiens
et moi je suis venue toute seule

C'est une de mes balades préférées à côté de la maison.

 Perfect for a girly talk, meaning the conversation subjects
were mainly cuisine, as we passed by some wild tomatoes plants,
jam recipes, gardening and...men...inevitably

Parfait pour papoter entre filles, les sujets de conversation principaux
étant la cuisine, du fait qu'on passait juste devant des plants de tomates
sauvages, les recettes de confiture, le jardinage et...les mecs...inévitablement


 Chumbos (prickly pears), definitely not my fave and too nasty to peel 
with all those prickles but I do love to see them in the landscape.

Les figues de Barbarie ne me font absolument aucun effet; en plus
les peler demande bien trop d'effort avec toutes ces épines;
ceci dit, j'adore les voir dans le paysage.

 Our doggy friends are having the time of their life

Nos amis les toutous s'amusent comme des fous
 becoming very friendly when we're having tea and cakes

et se souviennent de nous à l'heure du thé et des gâteaux

 I've made those heart shaped walnut/hazelnut/almond financiers...
oops.....2 each only...

J'ai fait ces financiers en forme de coeur aux noix/noisettes et amandes...
oops...2 chacune seulement...

 Wouldn't you say there's something extraordinary in the fact that you can 
walk in the countryside and pick up some fruit on the way, right on the tree ?
It's one of my great joys here. I picked up some quince on our way back to make
some quince paste. Never done it before...we'll see...

Vous ne trouvez pas qu'il y a quelque chose d'extraordinaire dans le fait de 
se balader à la campagne et pouvoir cueillir des fruits en chemin ?
C'est une de mes grandes joies ici. J'ai cueilli des coings sur le chemin
du retour pour faire de la pâte de coing. Je n'en ai jamais fait....on verra bien...


And the grenades are not ripe yet, so it will have to wait until the next picnic !

Et les grenades ne sont pas encore mûres, alors ça attendra le prochain
pique-nique !





Comments

Hello Lala, your little walk and picnic look so idyllic. I love that car! The prickly pears are good to look at aren't they. There is a large patch of them just across the road from my house. I made the mistake of picking one up that had fallen on the road . . . those tiny little spines are hard to get out of your fingers - ouch! I won't be doing that again. But the colors are lovely, that faded green and the gentle orange/peach/blush of the fruit. Enjoy your week. I always appreciate the beauty of your photos and am happy to see you here again.
Joyful said…
Hello Lala, the picnic and the walk through the forest look absolutely lovely. I really like the little brook running under the foot bridge. So nice that you were able to spend time with friends. xx
Salut Lala! Quelle jolie balade en pleine campagne au debut d'automne! Oh, combien j'aimerais vous rejoindre et avoir ces discussions entre filles...
Un chaleureux bonjour
Olympia
Tante Mali said…
Hi Lala,
how fantastic! You bringing summer in my grey autum day! What a lovely picnic and a fantastic scenery! Love the dogs!!!
Have fun and a happy happy time
Elisabeth
super balade entre filles...dans un merveilleux paysage...que demander de plus ?
besitos andaluces
Unknown said…
Oh but I know exactly what t do with those quinces now... quince liqueur!

Popular Posts