¿ Que vamos a comer ?.....let's go to the market, plaza de Romanilla en Granada


My friend Yolande is arriving tomorrow

and the fridge situation is a little bit alarming

One egg, 1 coke, 1 beer,
1 eggplant, 2 green onions

As we say in Spanish
es fatal....
in other words
it sucks

It seems I will never learn from Spanish women
who always have lunch and dinner ready

Oh well...
but please don't think I'm a bad hostess
you see, sometimes I just focus on little details
like the lavender sachet on the pillow
or the gold and nightblue velvet oriental slippers by the bed
(yes, they must be velvet)

and forget about the rest


So this morning, mission number 1 is
finding fresh food
in 0 time

My favorite foodmarket in Granada is next to plaza Romanilla


This charming little lady is here nearly everyday
but I've spotted her selling in other streets as well


Oh...chumbos


Habas (green beans) are great with jamon serrano

or bacalao (cod)



I'm so glad they have laminated almonds
on this market. I always need them




Revuelto exotico
funny name
Revuelto usually means a type of omelette


Oh...candied ginger
how nice with coffee


I need to check my Gipsy supplier of spices
next to the cathedral

Hum...not in a very good mood this morning


look, I found a new fashion accessory...



Oui madame, this is called
cooking in style



My plans for tomorrow's dinner
are perhaps too ambitious

Spinach lasagne with hot chili tomato and tuna sauce
Manchego cheese
Almond and orange cake


Monchéri thinks I have great ideas
but need to be more practical
as I will have actually 1 hour
to get dinner ready

So, hasta luego Spinach lasagne
and hello
PIZZA !







photos by your devoted blogging hostess

Plaza Romanilla, spices market next
to the Cathedral

Comments

The market is so colorful and makes great pictures.

Yum! I love jengibre confitado (didn't know it's Spanish name before, but I like the way it sounds!)....I buy mine at Trader Joe's and mix it with walnuts and dried cranberries for a snack. It's also very good with dark chocolate candy!

Your menu is delicious....good luck with the cooking!
That is to say....if you really try cooking it another day! Pizza is always good too, and no work at all...
Elizabeth said…
What a lovely market!
I'm going to do market pictures today too.
I'm not a very keen cook, but the ingredients are great here.
Dear Lala,
do come to Maroc.SOON.
No we are not renting the little house any more - we found someone who wants it for all the time we are away.
We will find you somewhere charming to stay.
All best wishes
Anonymous said…
Oh, how i enjoyed going food shopping with you! Can't wait to see the prepared meal. ;-)

Paz
Lavinia said…
Wow, what a post. Your menu sounds wonderful...the photos are so colourful....food shopping looks like it would be a real pleasure...I like that woman's hairdo, the "updo",....looks very nice.

I hope you have a very good time with your visitors.

Ciao,
Lavinia
kyh said…
oh look at those fresh market produce! so colourful! i nvr like going to our local markets here. smelly, untidy, dirty , wet etc etc. but those in europe are so different from ours here!!! *envious*
Unknown said…
Oh to wander through that market! We have farmers markets in season, not for a month or so yet...still very chilly here.

enjoy! Mmmmmm Manchego cheese, my favorite.
Unknown said…
how nice..its interesting to see and know others market, very colourful too though some of it i've not seen here :)
l'air du temps said…
hola Lala, i love the markets in spain. everything is so colourful and in abundance. it's wonderful to stock up again when the fridge is bare...

i'm sure you don't have to worry too much if you don't have a lot of time to cook. i imagine whatever you all eat will be that much more delicious since you all will be in the company of friends.

have a wonderful visit!
rochambeau said…
Have a wonderful time with Yolanda. I have a feeling you must be the best and most fun hostess and friend.
xo
Constance

PS I made pizza last night too!
Relyn Lawson said…
Yolanda is a lucky woman. It is obvious that you are a wonderful hostess. I know you two will have fun, hope you also have sunshine and lots of time to laugh together.
Lifecruiser said…
We only went to two markets in Sanlúcar, but I must admit that this quickly could have become a habit. It's just so nice to take a stroll among all the interesting things - and people there.

Oh, and those wonderful white villages.... So beautiful!!!
Mélanie said…
j'adore ces marchés ! je pourrais manger n'importe quoi !

Popular Posts