I want a croissant....a real one!

That’s it, I’m having a fit of French attitude. Doughnuts are nice but this morning I felt like eating a nice croissant, crunchy on the outside and tender inside, golden and swollen. Impossible. We (the andalusian bakers and I) don't share the same concept of what a croissant should be like.

So I have to content myself with a bland, so-called croissant covered with sugar. Before Monchéri used to call on Sunday morning and asked whether he was to bring some croissants. Now, he eats them on his own. I know I'm fussy and ungrateful but a true nice croissant is so much better...!
However, there is some good news : the bakery-pastry shop Casa de Ysla, on Carerra del Genil in Granada sells very nice croissants, and also exquisite pastries elaborated with mousse flavoured with tea or pear. I took my French friend Patricia there to taste the croissants. She said :"Wouah..That's almost like it".
Almost.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts