Urban picnic


What am I doing: a street performance ? Well…kind of…I'm all by myself on the pavement. (Monchéri is taking the picture).

You can't see it but to my left there is the entrance of a small bar-restaurant cum terrace called Café au lait, on Paseo de los Tristes in Granada. The terrace which you can’t see either is on the other side of a street, a big nice sunny terrace at the foot of the Alhambra.

We stopped there last Sunday to have some lunch and as the terrace was full, we first ordered some drinks and brought two stools outside to sit, then ordered some food and brought a little chair outside to use as a table.


This is what I like about informal Andalusian lifestyle, you could almost picnic anywhere.

This day was one of those perfect sunny days in Granada, with barely any cars passing by in the street. Blissful. A nice-looking guy is playing some very nice music on his guitar.




Another nice guy,



(well…actually Monchéri looks as rough as me that morning), thanks him for making the day so enchanting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice pictures
Joyful said…
Sounds like you had a wonderful lunch and a concert as well. Nice way to spend the day!

Popular Posts