Leave your work aside and come for lunch....

1pm : I sigh in front of my computer, proofreading some financial translation. Gosh, still 3 more pages to go. On top of that, i'm still in my fake silk négligé...Hair in a mess, feeling slightly grumpy...I'm sure anyone who works free lance experiences the same syndrom of "I who work at home don't need to dress up"...and some mornings are worse than others.....

1.15pm : As the net asset value per share starts giving me a serious headache and makes me curse the whole lot of bankers and brokers and alike, my phone rings. It's my friend Gym.

- hi , did you have lunch already ?

- of course not.

- well, come on then...I made a couscous and there's enough for 3 !

Monchéri raises a critical brow. Couscous ? Oh please, don't be that difficult, i know you don't like the grain but Gym really makes it quite nicely.


Since I started this blog, I always intended to write a big long post about Gym. (in a very near future, promised). She's the kind of friend, you're really proud about or feel envious about !. Gym works on movie or ads sets as a decorator. She makes trompe l'oeil paintings (I happened to read her cv once and discovered she decorated the Bolchoï), she's also a painter, she runs her own antique shop sourcing beautiful objects or strange things from fleamarkets. She loves her cats and her dog. She loves organizing vintage fashion shows...And I love her workshop. This is where she lives, paints and dreams with a wonderful view onto the Lecrin valley filled with lemon and orange trees....Am I getting too bucolic ?


But please, come in....


Oh this pink makes me happy...
I also love Gym's painting on the wall of people bathing

the cat invites herself for lunch

Gym tastes the almond and raisins sauce.
She had the bar covered with leopard imitation fabric.

the table is set...
the easel is waiting to be used....
Gym's paintings on the walls want to be looked at

the piano wants to be played....

the couscous wants to be eaten....

once a week, Gym hosts live drawing classes


Feel like having a pink seat too ? Wait, i'll give you another one...this one is reserved for my red coat !

Comments

Unknown said…
you are making me very hungry :) tks for sharing
shelley said…
I love the way she covered the bar in a leopard pattern - nice. The food looks amazing.
Unknown said…
great space!
i've een peeking at your blog lately and now you are in my links!
P said…
Gorgeous interiors...I love the shots of color here and there.
Elizabeth said…
What a wonderful place!
I want to visit too!!
What a good friend....the meal looks so inviting and delicious. I love her place; it makes me feel as though I am peeking into a novel about an artist who lives in Spain....no, make that two artists, and the boyfriend who plays the piano. Bliss!
Yoli said…
Lala que casa tan linda y invitadora. It is the kind of place that you just feel welcomed in and happy. Love the decor, love the cat and if I knew Gym, I am sure I would love her too!!
Anonymous said…
Looks like you had a good day with your friend.

Paz
l'air du temps said…
thanks for 'inviting us to lunch.' Gym's place looks wonderful, full of colour, space, sunlight, good food and special friends.

while in sevilla i 'stopped' by granada for a 'hot minute.' i realised then i needed more time, it seems so wonderful. disfruta!
Becca said…
What a charming artist's home ... complete with friends and a lovely lunch.
paris parfait said…
Sounds like a very lovely time with a good friend. Love the pink and the turquoise in G's place.
Joyful said…
I love her living/working space...very comfortably rustic.

Popular Posts