Glimpses of a simple sunday Andalusian lunch

Outside, the weather was sunny and a bit chilly. Inside, a sumptuous salad was waiting. My darling Gym treated us to a very cool and delicious lunch yesterday. Our new friend Martin prepared it all and I'm sorry my batteries went kaputt when the homemade smoked salmon made its apparition on the table. I wish I could tell you the recipe, but I'm afraid some details escaped me ! But I can tell you, it was absolutely delicious.
We had cheap Spanish cava (the equivalent of champagne) but like we say in France, when the company is merry, champagne is always good even if its cheap.

While waiting for the food to be ready, we nibbled on little goat cheese and walnut canapés under Frieda's benevolent eye.
I think sunday lunches with friends are the best. We always part, making the promise that we must do it at least once a month and luckily we almost never fail. It also gives another color to mondays !

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is nothing simple about this. It looks delicious.
Vær våken said…
Wish I could come and taste that salad. It looks so good.. and healthy, too! Lunches with friends is absolutely a wonderful thing! Seemed like you had a wonderful time! Have a nice day!

xo's Kristin
anouk said…
What a delicious menu!. The salad looks very tasty, could you mind to write the recopy?
Kss.

www.bonita locura.blogspot.com
Elisa said…
I agree, having lunch with friends is a delight! On Saturday our friends from France, invited us to their home and we shared a wonderful meal, followed by a walk along the beach.
oiasantorini said…
I am so looking forward to your picnics and lunches and weekends away during spring & summer. The pictures you take allow us all to feel we're in Spain... albeit briefly. Hope spring arrives early for you ;-)
PK Studios said…
You may have already received this but I love your blog and I've just picked you for the Beautiful Blogger Award!!!

The rules of the Award:
#1 thank the person who gave you the award
#2 share 7 things about yourself..
#3 pass the award along to 15 others (I only picked 10)
#4 Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award...
xo PK
Stina said…
Oh, it looks wonderful.:-) Stina
Susana said…
Qué maravilla! Mira Lala, aquí puedes ver a la japonesa que baila tan bien el flamenco y vive en Granada!

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20100310/destino-espana-ayazo-japonesa/715247.shtml
Theresa Cheek said…
Love the homage to Frieda!! I think the simple meals with friends are the best. The food looks great.
Joyful said…
I'd love some of the cheese appetizers :-)
Unknown said…
Thanks, Lala, I'm glad you enjoyed it
Mélanie A. said…
j'aurais bien aimé partager ce repas avec vous
Anonymous said…
Sounds as if the entire day was a blessing. What a wonderful spread!

Popular Posts