A cool sunday lunch in an inspired loft in Andalusia





Whenever I visit my friend Gym, I can't help having the loft fever, meaning,
me too I want a loft right now !....I already showed it to you here and here
 As you can see she likes to change the setting from time and time and now, 
I just love her place more....so luminous, white and wide of course.
Well, just what you'd thought a loft would be.

Chaque fois que je rends visite à mon amie Gym, c'est plus fort que moi, j'ai 
envie d'un loft tout de suite et maintenant !...Je vous ai déjà montré le sien,
ici et ici. Comme vous le voyez, elle aime changer le décor de temps en temps
et en ce moment, j'adore.....c'est tout blanc, tout lumineux et vaste évidemment.
L'idée qu'on se fait d'un loft en général, quoi.


 

 Her new paintings which she will exhibit in London in May are hanging on the walls.
I must say this shirt is so cool !

Ses nouveaux tableaux sont accrochés aux murs. Elle les exposera à Londres au mois de mai.
Je dois dire que la chemise est plutôt cool !


 The guys are gazing around while lunch is being brought to the table.

Les garçons font le tour de la galerie en attendant que le déjeuner soit servi.

 Me, I spot all the details which make me smile

Moi je repère tous les détails qui me font sourire


or make me go : wow....like this old photograph  of Gym. Love her style
in that pic....

ou que je trouve fascinants comme cette ancienne photo de Gym.
J'adore son style sur cette photo...

 The salad has finally arrived on the table. James the friend who prepared it lives in London and
whenever he comes and visits Gym in Andalusia, we are more than eager to eat his food.
In fact, we secretly hoped for an invitation...

The salad we had at lunch today was a mix of Thai and Vietnamese style : rice vermicelli,
red onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes and mango all thinly sliced and generously sprinkled 
with fresh coriander and served with the most delicious sauce of lime juice and fish sauce combination, with garlic and chili.

Enfin, la salade arrive sur la table. James, le chef du jour, habite Londres et quand il vient
rendre visite à Gym en Andalousie, on espère secrètement être invité à dîner.

Aujourd'hui on a eu droit à une merveilleuse salade de style mi thai mi vietnamien :
vermicelles de riz, oignons rouges, concombres, tomates, radis et mangue, émincés finement
le tout généreusement parsemé de coriandre fraîche, et servi avec une sauce absolument 
délicieuse à base de jus de citron vert et de sauce de poisson, ail et piment.


There were big moments of silence as we ate - devoured might be the proper term -
In the evening, I was still thinking of that salad and that specific seasoning.
Which means that I now have a culinary obsession ....
James, I'm sorry but I'm stealing your recipe !

Pendant qu'on mangeait - dévorer est le terme plus exact - il y a eu de grands 
moments de silence. Et le soir, mes papilles étaient encore toutes pleines
du goût de cette salade et de cet assaisonnement spécial....
Bref, ça vire à l'obsession culinaire...
Désolée James mais je vais te piquer ta recette !

Comments

Oh my word....can you share the recipe???

Popular Posts