Coffee table styling exercise for Chairish



A few days ago I was introduced to Chairish, an online marketplace for vintage furniture,
 who invited me to style a coffee table chosen from their collection however I wanted.
It's a première for me, as I've never been approached before for this type of styling exercise
and it was great fun indeed.

So I picked up the coffee table below which I quite like for its rustic
and industrial look. Above are the elements I would lay on this coffee table: wooden boards,
a wooden wine crate to display some favorites books and magazines. A touch of green
to bring nature inside with olive tree twigs and rosemary. The wine crate is also great to
put small objects like keys or a watch. Basically I chose 3 materials, wood, brass and
ceramics with a touch of gold. In winter, wood is always a favorite as it brings up warmth
and the golden touch of the brass and the tiny ashtray adds a sophisticated note. The lucky number 7
and the framed card which represents an architectural drawing by Thomas Jefferson are only
for decorative purpose. But with a glass cover on it the frame can also be a coaster.
 I also added a small metal Moroccan lantern for a soft and warm light
on long winter evenings.
You like my styling?
 Il y a quelques jours, j'ai été approchée par Chairish, un site de vente en ligne de tables vintage,
qui m'a invité à styliser une table basse choisie dans leur collection. C'est une
première pour moi car je n'ai jamais fait ce type d'exercice et cela m'a
beaucoup m'amusée. J'ai choisi la table ci-dessous qui me plaît par son côté rustique et 
industriel. Et voici les éléments que j'y disposerai : des mini plateaux en bois brut d'olivier,
un coffret de vin en bois pour y caser des livres favoris et des magazines. Une touche
de végétal pour faire entrer la nature à l'intérieur avec des brindilles d'oliver et du 
romarin. Le coffret en bois sert aussi de vide-poche, pour les petits objets comme les
clés ou sa montre. À la base, j'ai choisi 3 matières; le bois, le laiton et la céramique
avec une touche dorée. En hiver, le bois est toujours agréable et chaleureux
et la touche dorée du laiton et du mini cendrier apporte une note sophistiquée.
Le numéro 7 qui porte chance et la carte encadrée qui représente un dessin architectural
par Thomas Jefferson sont uniquement décoratifs. On peut aussi recouvrir le cadre 
avec une plaque de verre pour le transformer en sous-verre. Et pour les longues soirées
d'hiver, la petite lanterne marocaine en métal réchauffe l'ambiance avec sa douce lumière.
Mon style vous plaît-il ?
In fact, I could totally see this coffee table in my own home!

En fait, elle me conviendrait tout à fait cette table basse!

Comments

Elizabeth said…
So elegant!
So sorry to have dropped out of touch - do hope all is well.
This is Elizabeth who was in Morocco years ago!
@ SK Waller - Thanks a lot!

@ Elizabeth - So glad to see you again!! And thank you!!

Popular Posts