The journey concept




 It's been a while I wanted to write a post about my idea of traveling.
More and more I enjoy the very short trips, two hours or four hours away from 
home. It's also because we have so much variety here in the south of Spain.
Being between the sea and the mountains is a privilege I truly cherish.


Cela fait longtemps que je voulais écrire un billet sur mon idée du voyage.
De plus en plus, j'aime faire des sauts de puce, à deux heures ou quatre heures 
de chez moi. La variété des paysages ici au sud de l'Espagne y fait aussi pour beaucoup.
Être entre la mer et la montagne est un privilège que j'apprécie énormément.
 I feel as excited to go camping for a weekend on the tropical coast than taking
a plane to Paris or Nice. Is this normal? Am I blasé?
And more and more I feel the need to be closer to nature. And for this,
I'm lucky because I don't need to go far away.

One of my favorite writers, Jean Giono practised the "voyage immobile",
that is, he never really left his beloved Provence and spent most of his life,
"travelling" in his own house, moving his desk from one room to another.
He found inspiration in his extensive library and the ever changing view,
although being basically the same. I quite like that as I feel, we don't allow
ourselves the time to dwell on things.


J'éprouve autant d'excitation à partir faire du camping le temps d'un weekend
sur la côte tropicale que de prendre un avion pour Paris ou Nice.
Est-ce normal? Suis-je blasée ?
Et de plus en plus, je ressens le besoin d'être proche de la nature. Pour cela,
j'ai de la chance car je n'ai pas à aller très loin.

L'un de mes auteurs préférés, Jean Giono pratiquait le voyage immobile.
Il n'a jamais quitté sa Provence chérie et a passé presque toute sa vie à voyager
dans sa propre maison, déménageant son bureau d'une pièce à une autre.
Il puisait son inspiration dans sa bibliothèque exhaustive et la vue toujours
changeante bien qu'étant basiquement la même. J'aime cette idée car de plus en plus,
j'ai l'impression qu'on ne se donne pas le temps de poser notre regard sur les choses.
 As I told you in my last post, since I discovered this lovely village in the
Alpujarras mountains, I had the dream to stay there for at least one month.
And this little dream has come true. Going up there takes only one hour
and a half driving but it's like entering a totally different world. No cars, no noise,
the mountains all around you. At times, someone passes by 
with a horse or a mule in the narrow streets. And there's a wonderful silence
past the lunch hour during siesta time. 

Comme je vous l'avais dit dans mon dernier post, j'ai découvert un adorable
petit village dans les montagnes de Las Alpujarras. Je rêvais de trouver une
maison à louer pour un mois et ce rêve est devenu une réalité. Il faut seulement 
une heure et demie pour s'y rendre en voiture mais c'est comme entrer dans un
monde totalement autre. Pas de voitures, aucun bruit, les montagnes tout 
autour. Parfois, quelqu'un passe avec un cheval ou une mule dans les ruelles étroites.
Et puis il y a ce merveilleux silence, après l'heure du repas de midi, durant la sieste.
Another of my dreams would be to do the journey from home to
this village in a horse carriage. But this could be a very arduous journey....still,
can you picture the excitement of travelling on sineous roads on mountain slopes...

Je rêve de faire ce voyage en carriole un jour depuis chez moi mais là je crois
que ce serait assez pénible. Ce serait un sacré voyage pourtant. Rien que l'émotion
de passer tout près du bord de la route, à flanc de montagne...


Comments

Joyful said…
Hi Lala, nice to read from you again. It looks lovely in the mountains close to your home. It looks so nice and green amongst the trees. That is what I like. But I think I'll pass on the journey by horse and buggy :-)
Sandi said…
The last photo reminds me of Morocco. Well, pretty close by! ;-)

Lovely shots!
@Joyful - Haha...yes the journey in horse carriage might not be that pleasant!

@Sandi - Yes, when the horizon is clear, we can see Morocco :-)
Loree said…
I like your idea of slow travel.
@Loree - Thank you Loree...yes, suddenly I find it a bit boring to be squeezed on board of a low cost flight! :-)

Popular Posts