I come back for Christmas

 

***

It's been a while, it's been ages. And after a quiet and peaceful Christmas in the times of coronavirus, I felt like coming back to the blog. May be, I wanted to hold on to the festive spirit longer, although, this year, the word "festive" might be a bit excessive.

Yet, as usual, I decorated our cozy Andalusian kitchen with bright oranges and this year, made a garland with red chili pepper and rinds of oven dried pomelo. Our friend José Luis had brought us a carload of his delicious yellow pomelos from his garden and a few of them were sacrificed for the sake of garland making.

***

Cela fait longtemps, des siècles en fait. Après un Noël calme et tranquille au temps du coronavirus, j'ai eu envie de revenir sur le blog. Peut-être pour garder un peu plus longtemps l'esprit de la fête, quoique l'expression est sûrement un peu excessive.

Comme d'habitude, jai décoré notre jolie cuisine andalouse avec des oranges et cette année j'ai fait une guirlande avec des poivrons rouges séchés et des rondelles de pamplemousse séchées au four. Notre ami José Luis était venu nous apporter une belle quantité de ses délicieux pamplemousses jaunes de son jardin et j'en ai sacrifié quelques uns pour confectionner la guirlande.

We moved the fridge to the pantry and added another round table
in the kitchen, so we can now have dinner for 6 according to new rules.

On a viré le frigo dans le garde-manger et ajouté une autre table ronde 
pour pouvoir dîner à 6 selon les nouvelles directives.
I love making brioche in winter. I'm actually writing this post while
waiting for a brioche to raise. A few friends are coming in the morning,
so it will be tea and brioche in our warm cosy kitchen.

J'adore faire de la brioche en hiver. D'ailleurs j'écris ce post, en attendant
que la brioche lève. Quelques amis viennent demain matin pour un petit
déjeuner gourmand dans la cuisine bien au chaud.
Hopefully not as burnt as this one!

En tout cas, cette fois-ci, j'espère que je ne vais pas la laisser brûler !
Here is a close up of the dried oven pomelo slices...yes, I embroidered pearls on them.
I loved doing that. It does require time and patience but it's fun.
At the end of the month they will be wrapped in silk paper and put into a box
until next Christmas.

Voici un détail des rondelles de pamplemousse séchées...oui, oui j'ai brodé des perles
dessus. J'ai adoré faire ça. Ça demande du temps et de la patience mais c'est très
plaisant. À la fin du mois de janvier, je les rangerai dans une boîte, enveloppées dans
du papier de soie jusqu'au Noël prochain.
We had a very simple dessert at Christmas, chocolate fondant and turron from Alicante.

Notre dessert de Noël était tout simplement des fondants au chocolat et 
du turron d'Alicante.
More and more, I like to decorate the table with fruit and veggies. 
And what's great is that you eventually get to eat it.

De plus en plus, j'aime décorer la table avec des fruits et des légumes.
En plus, on finit forcément par les manger.
Christmas here lasts until January 6th and during this period, Italian pandoro 
for breakfast is a must in this house. I bought basic ones at El Corte Ingles
in Granada. I love the shape of the packaging so much that I started to 
embellish the plain packaging with a pink Japanese paper.

Ici Noël dure jusqu'au 6 janvier et durant cette période, le pandoro est 
un must pour le petit déjeuner. J'en ai acheté des tout simples à El Corte Ingles
à Granada. J'adore la forme du packaging du coup j'ai recouvert l'enveloppe
avec un joli papier japonais de couleur rose. 
I have various inspirations for my kitchen. The Museum of Fragonard 
in Grasse, a romantic and rustic kitchen from an exhibition at the castle
of Azay-le-Rideau....and of course my beloved Andalusia.

J'ai plusieurs inspirations pour ma cuisine. Le Musée Fragonard à Grasse,
une cuisine romantique et rustique au château d'Azay-le-Rideau....
et bien sûr mon Andalousie bien aimée.

pics Lala Ema

Comments

Jojo said…
Thank you for the post!! I too have neglected my blog but I miss it, and I miss all the wonderful blogs I once read. Your decor is beautiful! Happy new year.
Thank you Jojo! Yes occasionnally I miss getting on the blog. Happy New Year to you too x
Nadezda said…
Tes décorations sont superbes :) Je me demandais ce que tu devenais et si tu allais bien :) Je te souhaite un joyeux printemps.
I too miss your writing and my blogging days. Gave it up years ago and have regretted it very much. Hope you are well. Grandma Yellowhair

Popular Posts